ATTENTION ÉDITEURS: Cliquez ICI pour recevoir l'appel à soumissions pour les Prix de la QWF.
ATTENTION PUBLISHERS: Click here to receive the call for submissions for the QWF Awards.
The 2017 QWF AwardsCongratulations to the Finalists! We couldn't be more pleased to announce the shortlist. Read it here.
You can read the list of books submitted, here.
Tickets for the QWF Literary Awards Gala are now available!Ceremony alone (8:00 p.m.): $25 ($10 for full-time students). Doors open to the public at 7:30 pm.
These tickets can be purchased at:
- The QWF office using cash or cheque only.
- At the door on the night of the gala. Cash or cheque only.
- By credit card using PayPal. Payment instructions here.
- At the following bookstores: Argo, Bibliophile, Clio, Drawn & Quarterly, Paragraphe and The Word. Cash sales only.
- Methods of payment in-office: cash or cheque.
- Tickets can be purchased with credit card using PayPal. Payment instructions here.
About the QWF Literary Awards
Every year, The Quebec Writers’ Federation shines the spotlight on the best English-language writers to emerge from Quebec. The QWF Awards include six $2,000 book prizes for Fiction, Non-Fiction, Poetry, First Book, Translation, and Children’s and Young Adult Literature. The winners of these book prizes, of the 3Macs carte blanche prize, and of the Judy Mappin Community Award, are announced at our Gala each year, making it indisputably the most important literary event of the year for Quebec's English-language writers and their readers.
QWF is proud to have its First Book Prize sponsored by Concordia University, which offers the only BA and MA English-language Creative Writing programs in Quebec.